Commvault Certified Professional
A Commvault Certified Professional certification validates the skills required to install, configure, and administer a CommCell® environment using both the CommCell Console and Admin Console. It proves a professional level skillset in the following areas:
- CommCell Administration – user and group security, configuring administrative tasks, conducting data protection and recovery operations, and CommCell monitoring.
- Storage Administration – deduplication configuration, disk library settings, tape library settings, media management handling, and snapshot administration.
- CommCell Implementation – CommServe® server design, MediaAgent design and placement, indexing settings, client and agent deployment, and CommCell maintenance.
Certification status as a Commvault Certified Professional requires passing the Commvault® Certified Professional Exam.
Commvault Certified Engineer
A Commvault Certified Engineer validates advanced level skills in designing and implementing Commvault software.
- Advanced Infrastructure Design – this exam validates expertise in deploying medium and enterprise level CommCell® environments with a focus on storage design, virtual environment protection, and application data protection strategies.
Certification status as a Commvault Certified Engineer requires certification as a Commvault Certified Professional and passing the Advanced Infrastructure Design exam.
Commvault Certified Specialist
A Commvault Certified Specialist validates skills in a specific area of expertise:
- Virtualization – This exam validates expertise in protecting and managing virtual environments using the Virtual Server Agent, application agents, hardware snapshots, Virtualize Me and VM lifecycle policies.
Certification status as a Commvault Certified Specialist requires certification as a Commvault Certified Professional and passing the Virtual Data Management exam.
Commvault Certified Master
A Commvault Certified Master validates expert level skills in specific areas of expertise. This is the highest achievable level of certification.
Certification status as a Commvault Certified Master requires certification as both a Commvault Certified Professional and Certified Engineer, and successful completion of Master certification requirements. These Master certification requirements include attending a Master class and passing the Master Certification exam.
Additional benefits of attaining the Master Certification include:
- Opportunity to attend free invitation only training events
- Opportunity to attend free beta and early release training courses