Commvault Expert Class
The Commvault® Expert Class and Certification is designed to educate and validate the deepest level of knowledge attainable for Commvault administrators and engineers. Knowledge gained can be applied in advanced enterprise architecture, complex troubleshooting, and more comprehensive management of day-to-day activities. Training emphasis is placed on a concentrated understanding of advanced Commvault features including: virtualization, deduplication, backup/archiving, storage, security, and troubleshooting. The Expert 2020 certification assesses knowledge acquired from the expert class, validates the mastery of Commvault technologies, and allows those few who complete the program to stand apart from others in the industry.
Who should attend this course?
Experienced administrators and engineers working in larger CommCell® environments who are looking for the highest level of customer education.
Course Modules And Self-Paced Training Courses
This module covers advanced topics related to the CommCell® core components such as the CommServe® server and MediaAgent. Topics such as the CommServe® LiveSync feature and Power Management for Cloud MediaAgents are explained in detail. Focus is also placed on understanding processes and log files.
This module explains how open access to Commvault® storage is provided through the Commvault® 3DFS and ObjectStore solutions. Advanced features such as Cloud Storage Accelerator and Region-Based Storage illustrate how the use of cloud storage can be optimized.
This module details the architecture of the Commvault® deduplication database, as well as the processes behind it. A strong emphasis is also put on the new Deduplication Version 4 Generation 2, which further enhances Commvault® Deduplication.
This module covers topics on network security such as network configuration, automatic and multi-stream tunneling. User security topics such as quotas and owner security are also explained.
|Data Protection and Recovery||
This module focuses on virtualization environment and application. Advanced topics such as VM Centric Operations, Compression and Job Priority is explain in detail.
Learn about Commvault Workflow capabilities and processes. This module borrows from the Workflow Automation Fundamentals class and presents the basic concepts of automation through Commvault® software.
|Expert Certification Preparation||
This module serves as a preparation for the Expert 2020 certification. It explains how students should prepare for the Expert certification or any other certification. Tips are provided on the approach to take during the exam to optimize the chances to pass it.
Commvault Expert Certification 2020 Exam
The Commvault® Certified Expert 2020 certification is the highest level of customer certification available. This exam validates an expert level of knowledge in designing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting a Commvault environment. The exam consists of 75 questions and has a time limit of 180 minutes. Passing score of 80% or higher is required.
An upgrade exam is available for individuals certified as V10 Masters.
An update exam is available for individuals certified as V11 2018 Masters.
Before taking the Expert exam the following requirements must be met:
· Commvault Certified Engineer – Requires successfully passing the Advanced Infrastructure Design exam.
Certification Exam Specifics
The expert certification assesses the learner’s expert level understanding of Commvault® advanced features including:
- CommCell® components (CommServe® server and MediaAgent processes and log files, CommServe® LiveSync, Power Management for cloud MediaAgents)
- Storage (Cloud Storage Accelerator, Commvault® 3DFS solution, Commvault® ObjectStore, Region-based Storage)
- Deduplication (Deduplication database structure and log files, Deduplication Version 4 Generation 2, Idle-space reclamation, SILO storage,
- Security (Network configuration, automatic and multi-stream tunnelling, Data Interface Pairs)
- Data Protection and Recovery (Virtual Server Agent processes, VM-centric operations, Job priority and dynamic priority)
- Automation (Working with workflows)
- Expert Certification Preparation (tips and trick on how to prepare to maximize chances on passing the Commvault® Certified Expert 2020 exam)